Mitigate Access Risks by Enforcing Least Privilege in Cloud Infrastructure
IaaS/PaaS applications contain thousands of identities, resources and permissions. Simply understanding which permissions are available to each identity – whether human or machine – is challenging. At the same time, developers tend to grant broad entitlements, resulting in “permission creep” which is very difficult to eliminate in production. As many as 90% of these permissions are unused, excessive, and a tremendous risk to the environment. And of course, entitlements are managed differently across AWS, Azure, and GCP. In fact, according to Gartner, 75% of cloud security failures will result from inadequate management of identities, access and privileges by 2023.
In this on-demand webinar, SANS and Ermetic discuss the challenges and best practices for achieving least privilege in cloud infrastructure environments. We also demonstrate practical use cases for reducing some of the most common access risks.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the factors that impact entitlements in cloud infrastructure
- Analyze the access permissions in your environment
- Identify and remediate excessive privileges
- Harden configuration to reduce access risk
- Build a scalable, repeatable process for enforcing least privilege